I am currently working on the first issue of Total Mommy Fitness Magazine which will be available to download in iTunes by September. It is very exciting because I’ve wanted to make a magazine since I was a kid. May sound strange, but I have always loved them!
The idea of being able to bring together a collection of voices, stories, experts, information and inspiration in a way that’s creative and fun, about a topic that I am passionate about has me almost giddy.
The magazine will be a free app you can download in Apple’s newsstand on your iPad. It will include information about everything “mom fitness” from conception through the toddler years.
Some of the stories for the first issue include weight loss, self care, workouts, nutrition tips, recipes, and much more. And, I would love for your input! What do you want to read about? What questions do you have about health and fitness? Who do you want to see featured?
Do you have something that you would like to contribute? Perhaps a personal story, a pic, or your expertise? If so, please contact me or leave your input in the comments.
I’m looking for topics like:
- Spiritual/emotional fitness
- Having kids later in life
- Relationships/sex while having & raising kids
- Finances and kids
- Exercise with kids
- Food issues
- Feeding your kids and yourself/partner healthy without making multiple meals
- Fitting in/making friends/mom cliques
- Mom guilt
- Body image
- Overcoming your own issues so you don’t pass them on to your kids
- Kids and animals… Introducing baby to pets, benefits of having pets as a kid
- Am I normal? Crazy? Too embarrassed to talk about, ask friends or dr… Why didn’t anyone tell me about…?
- Why the scale is the devil… and sugar, food and drug companies, airbrushed cover models, etc
- Traveling while pregnant/with baby
- Pregnancy/postpartum depression
- Hormones…what they are and what they do
- Bed rest… How to cope. Safe exercises. Is it necessary?
- Planning for labor/birth stories
- Pregnancy/nursing workout clothes and accessories
- Misc interesting stories/facts/stats
If you have any ideas of thoughts about these topics or others please share! Also, feel free to submit your videos, pictures, links, etc. I appreciate your support and would love the opportunity to feature your stuff. This is going to be fun!